Vibrant tapas bars, rhythms of flamenco, drowsy siesta afternoons, and general passion for life make for great frames for a city break or longer holiday stay in Spain. According to their choice of destination, travellers can end up following the steps of Antoni Gaudí and his creations like Sagrada Familia or Park Guell, enjoying gallery-hopping in Madrid, unravelling the mysteries of Malaga’s heritage or taking in the contemporary and futuristic facades of Valencia.
- Barcelona: Hotel Aristol and Silken Sant Gervasi
- Madrid: HRC Hotel and Apartamentos Sercotel Togumar
- Malaga: Hotel Zenit Malaga and Atarazanas Málaga Boutique Hotel
- Valencia: Hotel Ilunion Valencia 3 and Expo Hotel Valencia
Groupon’s Guide to Barcelona
Set on the Mediterranean coast, between the mouths of the rivers Llobregat and Besòs, the Catalonian capital allures guests with a rich cultural heritage, trade exhibitions and street entertainment.
Cultural wonder seekers will rejoice in admiring UNESCO World Heritage Sites, such as the architectural works of Antoni Gaudí and Lluís Domènech i Montaner, including world-renowned La Sagrada Familia. Live music fans can take a walk down venues such as Razzmatazz and Apolo, while classical music lovers can take advantage of the many concert halls this city has to offer, from The Gran Teatre del Liceu to the modernista Palau de la Música Catalana. Ramblers can climb the Montjuïic and revel in a panoramic view of the city, followed by more chill-out time spent sipping a cocktail at the outdoor bars and cafes along La Rambla. To make the most of the Spanish experience, tourists can head to flamenco talent display sites and witness genuine spectacles from internationally acclaimed dancers.
Groupon’s Guide to Madrid
Located in the centre of Spain and mixing a small town flavour with the flair of a cosmopolitan city, Madrid presents visitors with an unparalleled nightlife complemented by the cathedrals, museums and trendy boutiques of Chueca. As this city is the home of flamenco, travellers may jazz up their stay by learning a new dance style, while leisure moments may be spent walking one of the city’s many green spaces.
Local attractions come in abundance with Puerta de Alcalá, an old city gate, Templo de Debod, an Egyptian temple in the middle of Madrid, and Plaza de Cibeles, the central square where Real Madrid celebrates championship wins. Plenty dining opportunities are provided in local restaurants, serving the Spanish signature dish, tapas, while art lovers may enjoy a visit to Cultural Center Sanchinarro, revealing exhibitions and shows of the main artistic trends in a cultural scene.
Groupon’s Guide to Valencia
Situated on the east coast of Spain, overlooking the Mediterranean Sea, the city is a mixture of imposing historical buildings with busy modern streets and vivid nightlife. As the capital of the Old Kingdom of Valencia, the city retains much of its old charm and cultural heritage expressed through iconic buildings and sites, such as The Cathedral or the imposing Serranos Towers.
The city centre, with its historic sites such as the Palace of the Marquis de Dos Aguas and the Cathedral Quarter, awaits to be explored by visitors. Plenty of dining opportunities are provided in local restaurants where Valencia’s signature dish, paella, can be tasted along with local wines and beverages, while modern art can be enjoyed through a visit to the City of Arts and Sciences.
Groupon’s Guide to Malaga
With a rolling mixture of hills, wild parks and natural reservations on Costa del Sol, Malaga allures tourists to an exotic resort defined by sandy beaches and the mountainous landscapes of Montes de Malaga.
The historic city of Malaga is a symbol of artistic and cultural heritage, where travellers may admire imposing examples of architecture that still guard the city streets. Tourists may witness the grand diversity of cultures and civilisations that have shaped the face of the city over the years, ranging from the 11th-century medieval fortress of Alcazaba to Renaissance legacies such as the Church of Santiago and Santa Maria la Mayor. Man-made wonders intermingle with nature’s art works, brushing up the general setting with tropical beaches and natural parks that spread upon the region, offering a multitude of itineraries to follow. Dazzling in the hot sun of Artola beach, hiking in the deep pine forests of Pinar del Hacho or strolling through the iconic suburban parks of Archidona are just a few things that can be marked down on a holiday to Malaga.
Option 1: stay in Barcelona
- €89-€229 for 2 nights with Dublin flights, depending on the departure date chosen
- €149-€249 for 3 nights with Dublin flights, depending on the departure date chosen
- €179-€319 for 4 nights with Dublin flights, depending on the departure date chosen
Option 2: stay in Madrid
- €129-€149 for 2 nights with Dublin flights, depending on the departure date chosen
- €159-€199 for 3 nights with Dublin flights, depending on the departure date chosen
- €189-€219 for 4 nights with Dublin flights, depending on the departure date chosen
Option 3: stay in Malaga
- €139-€199 for 2 nights with Dublin flights, depending on the departure date chosen
- €179-€249 for 3 nights with Dublin flights, depending on the departure date chosen
- €219-€289 for 4 nights with Dublin flights, depending on the departure date chosen
Option 4: stay in Valencia
- €149-€219 for 2 nights with Dublin flights, depending on the departure date chosen
- €179-€319 for 3 nights with Dublin flights, depending on the departure date chosen
- €219-€369 for 4 nights with Dublin flights, depending on the departure date chosen