- Hotel Mauro and Hotel Riel in Sirmione (Lake Garda region)
- Hotel Bazzoni and Hotel Lario in Lake Como region
Groupon’s Guide to Lake Como
The third largest lake in Italy, Como blooms in the fresh breezes of the Alps, exposing flourishing wildlife in a vast and verdant scenery. With ancient lakeside villas and landscaped parks scattered around, the city bears witness to the regal past and decadent wealth of the Roman Empire.
Crystal clear waters invite holidaymakers to set sail and go yachting or make the most of the refreshing winds from the Alps and try out a session of windsurfing or kitesurfing at one of the on-shore sporting centres. Lakeside hiking trails will lead to the Tremezzo village, where the manicured gardens of the medieval Villa Carlotta fill the air with sweet perfume. Amid rustling olive groves and exotic woods on the western edge of the lake, The Sacro Monte di Ossuccio attracts cultural sightseers with its 15 Baroque chapels leading up to the famous sanctuary. Similarly inspiring historic sights await at the Gothic Como Cathedral, which features imposing Renaissance architecture and statues.
Groupon’s Guide to Lake Garda
The romantic town of Riva del Garda is sandwiched between the green-clad slopes of the Italian Alps and the blue shimmering waters of Lake Garda. Forming a secluded Mediterranean oasis with olive trees and palms at every step, the lake’s rolling shores are a paradise for travellers fond of nature.
Tourists can try their hand at a splash of water sports with sailing and windsurfing taking off from the town’s two harbours, while rock climbing provides further land adventures. Strolling down pedestrianized streets, guests can see the moated castles and the medieval tower, and enjoy a traditional Italian lunch in one of the many local restaurants in the historic town of Riva del Garda. The town’s civic museums include picture galleries and an archaeological collection, while historic sites can be found in the Rocca, a former fort just off the shore.
Option 1: stay in Lake Como region
- £209-£319 for 3 nights, depending on departure date chosen
- £269-£399 for 4 nights, depending on departure date chosen
- £299-£449 for 5 nights, depending on departure date chosen
- £349-£499 for 7 nights, depending on departure date chosen
Option 2: stay in Lake Garda region
- £169-£369 for 3 nights, depending on departure date chosen
- £219-£399 for 4 nights, depending on departure date chosen
- £259-£429 for 5 nights, depending on departure date chosen
- £319-£499 for 7 nights, depending on departure date chosen