The four-star Pineta Palace Hotel awaits guests in a quaint residential area. Just 200 metres away from the hotel, there is a bus station which makes it easy to reach other parts of the city such as the Vatican Museums and St Peter’s Basilica.
Guests can unwind in the en suite rooms which come complete with air conditioning, TVs, and balconies.
Local specialities can be savoured at the on-site restaurant, while the lounge bar offers a selection of refreshments.
The Tours (Optional)
Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill walking tour
This walking tour serves as an opportunity to explore the world-famous artifacts of Rome’s ancient past. Make the most of the priority access to the archaeological site and learn more about the area with the audioguide, take a stroll to the Palatine Hill, believed to be where Remus and Romulus were abandoned, and explore the imposing Colosseum before heading to the Roman Forum.
- Languages: English, Spanish, German, French and Portuguese
- Starting point: Arch of Constantine
Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel & St. Peter’s Basilica tour
Travellers are invited to embark on a journey through art and religious history with a skip-the-line escorted entry to the St. Peter’s Basilica, Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. Founded in the early 16th century, Vatican Museums are home to the Papal collections of the most renowned classical sculptures and most important masterpieces of Renaissance art in the world. Visitors can see elaborately carved sarcophagi of the Greek Cross Gallery, marvel at the Renaissance masterpieces in the Raphael Rooms and finally tiptoe through Michelangelo’s exquisite Sistine Chapel, the crown jewel of the Vatican.
- Access to the pope’s private apartments in the Raphael Rooms available only during the 8.30am tour
- Please note that entry to the dome of St. Peter’s Basilica is not included
- Headset included
- Wi-Fi at the meeting point
Groupon’s Guide To Rome
From famous historic sites to relatively obscure catacombs, basilicas, fountains and museums, the Eternal City has many things to offer, as historic landmarks go hand in hand with the vibrant city nightlife.
Passing through old cobblestone streets and ruins, visitors can catch a glimpse of Rome’s main attractions such as the Pantheon, one of the best kept classical architecture buildings in the world, the iconic Trevi Fountain and the Vatican Museums. Sweeping views over the city can be captured on film and camera from the Spanish Steps, where holidaymakers can unwind over a prosciutto panini or a gelato after a day of exploring numerous shopping centres and bazaars. Nestled beneath the Vatican walls, the Prati district mixes elegant office buildings with high-end boutiques and public squares, while imposing military barracks and Museo delle Anime dei Defunti provides a unique experience. Tourists can also get a taste of a typical Italian night out by visiting local restaurants, bars and clubs and enjoying a classic pizza or pasta. Rome has a Mediterranean climate with hot summers and rainy winters. From June to September the average temperature is 27°C, and may go as high as 30°C in July and August, with ten hours of sunshine a day. October and November are the wettest months of the year, while weather in December is often overcast, cool and rainy, with average temperatures dropping to 10°C.
Option 1: standard stay
- €119-€189 for 2 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
- €169-€219 for 3 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
- €179-€249 for 4 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
- €219-€279 for 5 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
Option 2: stay with a choice of one tour
- €165-€235 for 2 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
- €215-€265 for 3 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
- €225-€295 for 4 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
- €265-€325 for 5 nights, depending on the departure date chosen