- Online sewing machine course
- Modules include fabric, patterns and practical sewing
- for manual machines and new models
- Theoretical instruction and practical application
- 6-month course content access
Purchase: Limit 1 per person. May buy 4 additional as gifts.
Register online: www.styledesigncollege.com/sdc-online/course-how-to-use-my-sewing-machine-sub.php. No cancellations.
Restrictions: By purchasing a Groupon, you are purchasing a voucher for the underlying products or services described above. Service fulfilled by ECD. Content available immediately upon redemption.
Original values: Verified using our merchants website on 25 Macrh 2014 br/> See the rules that apply to all deals.
This online course gives students the skills, advice and information needed to operate their sewing machine, whether it's a newer machine or a manual. The modules cover a range of topics, from the functionality of your machine, fabric and threading, to patterns and practical sewing tasks. The online course materials are available for six months, and students benefit from the know-how of tutors, as well as regular assignments. The course, which was developed by leading fashion designers and sewing technologists, aims to enable participants to sew their own garments.
- Parts and functions
- Trouble shooting
- Adjustable features: needles/feet/bobbins
- Additional features: button holes/decorative stitches/zips/elastic
Fabric and Thread
- Fabric terms and laying instructions
- Typical seams and finishing’s
- Machine adjustments for weights and types of fabric
- Types of thread for various applications/fabrics
- Decorative stitching
- Pattern and garment terms
- Understanding basic pattern instructions
Practical Sewing Tasks
- Setting up a work area
- Laying, Pinning and Cutting template
- Plan and initiate sewing process
- Execute all intermediate ironing and finishing processes
Founded by husband and wife designers, Style Design College incorporates all programs related to the design field. They also run a School of Visual Arts, and a School of Creative Business.