Travellers are invited to take part in a choice of tours which serve as an opportunity to discover the quaint beauty of the Icelandic nature. All options include airport transfers to designated bus stops in Reykjavik (closer to hotel areas) and Northern Lights tour.
Click here to book flights.
The Northern Lights Tour
Visitors take part in a unique experience which occurs at nighttime in the Northern Hemisphere. The interaction of particles from the sun with the upper atmosphere near the North Pole appears in the sky in the form of different shapes, proportions and patterns, known as the Northern Lights, one of nature’s most spectacular displays.
- Duration: approx. 3 hours
- Transfer and guide included
- Departures: 10pm (25 Aug-15 Oct and 15 Mar-15 Apr), 9pm (16 Oct-14 Mar), 7:30pm (16 Oct-28 Feb)
- Pick-up 30 minutes before departure
- This tour depends on weather and sightings are not guaranteed
- Indicated return times can vary due to road and weather conditions
- If customers don’t see any lights on the tour they can re-book again for free
- Remember to dress warmly
Golden Circle Direct Tour
Travellers are invited to see the display of Iceland’s natural forces, hot springs and waterfalls, as well as a greenhouse cultivation centre.
See the spot where the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates meet and discover Gullfoss waterfall and Geysir area – hot springs erupting from below the Earth’s crust. Eruptions there can throw hot water up to 60 meters into the air but can be infrequent, while nearby Strokkur geyser which is a much more reliable source of eruptions, ejects a fountain of hot water once every 6-10 minutes.
- Duration: 6 hours
- Departures: 10.30am and 12.30pm (daily)
- Pick-up up to 30 minutes before departure
Blue Lagoon Transfers
Those who prefer thermal escapades can visit the famous Blue Lagoon. Take a leisurely stroll or spend a day idling in the natural hot springs and bathing in geothermal mud believed to revitalise the skin. Towels and robes are available to hire, and each alfresco pool also comes with views of the lava field surrounding the area. On-site geothermal sauna and spa offer a wide range of massages and treatments, while unique skin care products can be bought in the shop.
- Daily departures
- Pick-up up to 30 minutes before departure
- Drop off is included and is operated according to a predetermined drop off route
- Please note that the admission to the Blue Lagoon is not included; the admission should be booked in advance
- Bathing suits and towels can be rented on the spot
Whale Watching Tour
This tour provides visitors with an opportunity to enjoy a boat ride in search of whales swimming close to the Icelandic coastline. Some of the whale types that can be spotted include white-beaked dolphins, harbour porpoises, humpback whales, and the killer whales or orcas. During the trip, travellers will also have the opportunity to learn more about the seabirds and nature in the Faxafloi Bay.
Seeing all the species is not guaranteed, but the crew on board will do their best to ensure a unique journey. As the weather in Iceland can be quite unpredictable, sometimes boats have to take different routes to different locations for a more pleasant cruise.
- Duration: 3 hours, depending on weather conditions
- Tour includes: tour guide, floatable overalls or raincoats on board
- Departures: 9am (1 Mar-31 Oct) or 1pm (all year) or 5pm (1May-31 Aug)
- Pick-up 45 minutes before departure
Golden Circle and Snowmobiling
Visitors are invited to see Iceland’s natural phenomena including hot springs, waterfalls, and to take a thrilling snowmobile tour on the white snowcap.
The tour takes travellers through the quaint scenery of Þingvellir National Park and along the mountains to a Geysir geothermal area and the imposing Gullfoss waterfall. At the end, travellers can enjoy the thrill of a snowmobile tour when speeding on Langjökull glacier area.
- Duration: 10 hours
- Departures: 9am
- Pick up is up to 30 minutes before departure
- Valid driving license is required
- 2 people per vehicle, there is an extra cost for a single driver
- 1-hour guided snowmobile ride, protective clothing and safety equipment included
Option 1: with Northern Lights tour and airport transfers
- €79 for one person
- €155 for two people
Option 2: with Northern Lights tour, Golden Circle Direct tour, and airport transfers
- €139 for one person
- €269 for two people
Option 3: with Northern Lights tour, Blue Lagoon transfers, and airport transfers
- €119 for one person
- €235 for two people
Option 4: with Northern Lights and Golden Circle Direct tours, Blue Lagoon transfers, and airport transfers
- €169 for one person
- €329 for two people
Option 5: with Northern Lights and Golden Circle Direct tours, Blue Lagoon transfers, Whale Watching, and airport transfers
- €249 for one person
- €495 for two people
Option 6: with Northern Lights and Golden Circle Direct tours, Blue Lagoon transfers, snowmobiling, and airport transfers
- €339 for one person
- €669 for two people
Option 7: with Northern Lights and Golden Circle Direct and snowmobiling tour, and airport transfers
- €299 for one person
- €595 for two people
Please Note: availability at the advertised rates is extremely limited.
- Bookings fulfilled by Reykjavik Excursions