Clients can learn the basics of gardening, with course modules covering everything from planting to running a horticultural business
What You'll Get
- €19 for a garden design and maintenance online course (76% off)
The syllabus includes:
- Gardening basics
- Garden design process
- Garden design styles
- Survey, site appraisal and measuring techniques
- Planning projects
- Proportion illusions and effective use of space
- Drawing a plan and graphics skills
- Surface and materials, hard landscaping
- Secrets of soil
- Plant selection and care
- Plant knowledge
- Low maintenance gardens and planting
- Garden maintenance
- Pest control
- Solutions to difficult gardens
- Vegetable and herb gardens
- Running a gardening business
- Marketing and social media
- Health and safety
- Insurance, tax and record keeping
- How to build raised flower beds
- How to lay a patio
- How to put up garden fencing
- How to turf a garden and lay a lawn
- How to lay artificial grass areas
- How to build a garden pond
See the full syllabus.
Completion of this course does not result in a degree of garden design or qualify participants to practise professionally.
The Fine Print
Must redeem by 9 Apr 2020. Course content available for a lifetime from registration date.
Purchase: Limit 1 per person. May buy 4 additional as gifts.
Restrictions: Register online: https://newskillsacademy.co.uk/redeem-a-voucher/. No refunds or cancellation once log in details have been provided. Internet connection required. CPD-accredited certificate included for successful participants.
About New Skills Academy
Offering over 190 online courses, New Skills Academy allows learners to get a verifiable qualification and improve their career prospects. Their portfolio includes courses ranging from dog grooming and pet sitting to retail banking, event management and cabin crew skills. A team of experienced and knowledgeable tutors are on hand to offer help and support. All courses are available online, and can be accessed using a PC or MacBook, as well as tablets and smartphones.