Placed in the capital of Iceland, Arctic Comfort Hotel and Hotel Cabin invite holidaymakers amid clouds of cosmopolitan culture and scenes of frosty awe, encompassing nature’s most dramatic processes, from black volcanic plains to white, hulking glaciers and hot-spouting geysers.
At Arctic Comfort Hotel, guests are invited to spacious rooms fitted with refrigerators, TVs, complimentary Internet access and en suite facilities, while Hotel Cabin boasts en suite bedrooms decorated in neutral tones and kitted out with wooden furnishings and Internet access.
Hearty breakfasts may be savoured in the breakfast room for an additional fee at Arctic Comfort hotel, while the lounge bar available on site offers a collection of local ales and refreshments.
A wide variety of dishes may be savoured in the Hotel Cabin’s Saladbar, while the open bar provides refreshing tipples and local ales.
Northern Lights Tour
Visitors are invited to take part in a unique experience which happens at night time in the Northern Hemisphere. One of nature’s most spectacular displays appears in the sky in the form of different shapes, proportions and patterns, known as the Northern Lights.
- Duration: 3-5 hours
- Pick-up 30 minutes before the time displayed on the voucher at the bus terminal at Laekjartorg (please call 24 hours before the tour to confirm it)
- Please note that the weather conditions can be severe and the tour might be canceled. Sightings cannot be guaranteed even if the tour is operated. In such case, another tour will be offered free of charge.
- Transport and assistance included
Golden Circle Tour
Travellers are invited to see Iceland’s natural phenomena including hot springs, waterfalls as well as the country’s best-known historical sites. The tour starts with a visit to the geothermal area of Nesjavellir, and continues with a stop at Þingvellir National Park. Highlights include a stopover at the tumbling Gullfoss waterfall, followed by a lunch break at Gullfoss Cafe or at the local Information Centre. Participants can also admire Geysir and Strokkur geysers, the Skálholt church and the horticultural village of Hveragerði.
- Please note that depending on weather conditions, visits to Nesjavellir cannot be guaranteed in the winter season
Blue Lagoon Tour
Those who prefer thermal escapades can visit the famous Blue Lagoon. Travellers can take a leisurely stroll or spend a day idling in the natural hot springs and bathing in geothermal mud believed to revitalise the skin. Towels and robes are available to hire, and each al fresco pool also comes with views of the lava field surrounding the area. On-site geothermal sauna and spa offer a wide range of massages and treatments, while unique skin care products can be bought in the shop.
- Includes transfers and admission fee to the Blue Lagoon
- Time of departures will be confirmed at the time of booking
Groupon’s Guide To Reykjavik
One of the safest and cleanest cities of modern times, Reykjavik is located on the south-western coast of Iceland and it is also the world’s northernmost capital city.
With more than 100 pubs and clubs, many of them found on Laugavegur Street, a wide choice of beers, Iceland’s drink of choice since 1989, are available for sampling. An iconic landmark of the city, the looming Hallgrimskirkja Church offers visitors panoramic views of the city. Standing 15 metres high and weighing 25 tons, the church’s pipe organ is one of its key features, while the statue of Leifur Eiriksson, the first European to discover America, guards the entrance. The capital’s name translates to ‘Smoky Bay’, after the columns of steam that rise from the hot springs, which can still be visited today.
Option 1: with Northern Lights Tour (1 tour)
- €319-€419 for 2 nights, depending on dates chosen
- €399-€489 for 3 nights, depending on dates chosen
- €469-€549 for 4 nights, depending on dates chosen
Option 2: with Northern Lights Tour and Golden Circle Tour (2 tours)
- €459-€549 for 3 nights, depending on dates chosen
- €529-€609 for 4 nights, depending on dates chosen
Option 3: with Northern Lights Tour, Golden Circle Tour and Blue Lagoon Tour (3 tours)
- €559-€649 for 3 nights, depending on dates chosen
- €629-€709 for 4 nights, depending on dates chosen
*Per Person Offer
Customers must purchase two vouchers to complete booking