Rolling hills, a vast golf course and lush gardens surround Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort, which is cosily positioned in Co. Wicklow, 30 minutes’ drive south of Dublin. Mountains meet lakes, sandy beaches and waterfalls all featured amid the inky colours of the untouched landscape nearby.
The hotel offers comfort and hospitality in the form of either a king and double bed or one super king sized bed. Tea and coffee-making facilities are in-room, along with complimentary Wi-Fi for guests’ convenience.
Druids Heath has played host to the Irish PGA championship. The green weaves around quarries, trees and lakes, and rolls on down towards the Irish Sea.
Inside, the health club features a pool, a jacuzzi, a sauna and a steam room which complement the relaxation room and treatment rooms from the spa. A packed schedule of exercise classes is also available, alongside the fitness suite for workouts of all paces.
Appetites are catered for at Hugo’s Restaurant, boasting two AA Rosettes. Menu items are inspired by bistro culture, with modern and simple cuisine. Gluten-free and vegetarian dished are available, in addition to a respectable wine list.
The Garden Rooms and Bar is at the heart of the hotel, offering a calm, welcoming respite from the outside world, with stunning views overlooking the famous 13th hole on Druids Glen Golf Course. The vegan dishes on the Garden Rooms and Bar menu have been created in partnership with their neighbours at The Happy Pear.
There is plenty of family facilities to help keep the younger guests entertained including;
- Welcome activity pack upon arrival
- An indoor swimming pool with dedicated children’s swim times daily from 8 a.m. until 11 a.m. and from 2 p.m. until 6 p.m.
- Indoor play area Druids Den which offers a soft play area, wall puzzles, arcade games, foosball table, air hockey table, Xbox games and much more
- An outdoor playground with a jungle gym, swings and slides
- Each room has a DVD player and there is an extensive DVD library
- 6km walking trail around the grounds of the resort with many points of interest along the way including a secret fairy forest and picnic area
- The driving range is a fantastic family activity. Golf clubs are available for adults and children of all ages.
- The Kids High Tea Club runs on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings from 8 July to 23 August and includes dinner and supervised children’s activities
Couples are also welcome - please advise if family room is not required; a room with one super king sized bed will be offered as an alternative.
Groupon’s Guide to Co. Wicklow
Also known as the Garden of Ireland, County Wicklow is a suitable base for active types to enjoy a wide variety of leisure activities including walking in the foothills of the Wicklow mountain, horse riding, mountain biking, kayaking and golfing.
Tourists may visit the monastic site of Glendalough, or spend quality time exploring the vibrant coastal towns offering boutique shopping and dining opportunities.