This online course covers the history of forensics, odontology and the crime scene, accompanied by case studies; one-year access to content
About This Deal
- Introduction to forensic science
- The history of forensic science from third century B.C.
- Discoveries in the field of forensic science
- What is DNA?
- Mitochondrial DNA
- DNA and the law
- Amplified DNA
- Operation Phoenix
- The Royal Family of Russia
- The history of fingerprints
- Forensic footwear
- Ear prints
- Palm prints
- Forensic odontology
- Trace evidence - fibres
- Crime scene - murder
- Chemical pollution at the scene of a crime
- The autopsy
- Positional asphyxia/postural asphyxia
- The Marsh test
- Doctors who kill
- Psychological profiling including a brief history of profiling
- Early profilers - Kirk (1900), Ernst Kretschmer (1950), Dr. James Brussel
- Serial killers
- FBI six stages of profiling
- Investigated psychology using five factors
- Behavioural evidence analysis
- A profile of the organized perpetrator/offender
- The disorganized asocial offender
- Types of rapists
Completion of this course does not result in a degree of forensics and profiling or qualify participants to practice professionally.
Need To Know
Purchase: Limit 1 per person, may buy 4 additional as gifts.
Booking: Register online: https://www.onlineacademies.co.uk/groupon-form.
Restrictions: No refunds or cancellation once log in details have been provided. Internet connection required. Must be 16 or older. Customer support available, contact firstname.lastname@example.org; Mon-Fri from 9am to 5pm. Optional course material can be sent via post in a paper form for a fee of £50, alternatively students can print out the lessons for free.
About Online Academies
Online Academies provide distance learning opportunities in a range of disciplines to allow students to study when and where they want. Courses range from animal care and calligraphy to garden design, working with students and wedding planning. The programmes generally do not set strict academic criteria for involvement, with tutor support available via email.