Peruse this online course exploring the core areas of various learning difficulties, and learn how to tailor teaching to suit specific needs
What You'll Get
- €39 for a level 2, 3 and 4 special educational needs online course (51% off)
The syllabus includes:
- Introduction to special education needs
- The history and evolution of SEN
- Constructivist theories of learning
- SEN code of practice
- SENCO support for SEN students
- The different types of needs
- Identification, assessment and support of SEN pupils
- Behaviours: reasons and restorative practices
- Understanding sensory impairments and physical disabilities
- Understanding and addressing difficulties in cognition and learning
- Speech, language and common communication issues
- The importance of SEN knowledge
- Specific learning difficulties
- Psychological perspectives on behaviour
- Understanding and managing anger
- Teaching approaches and strategies
- Educational outcomes
- Every teacher’s responsibility
See the full syllabus.
Completion of this course does not result in any degree or qualify participants to practise professionally.
The Fine Print
Must redeem by 20 Apr 2020. Course content available for a lifetime from registration date.
Purchase: Limit 1 per person. May buy 4 additional as gifts.
Restrictions: Register online: https://newskillsacademy.co.uk/redeem-a-voucher/. No refunds or cancellation once log in details have been provided. Internet connection required. CPD-accredited certificate included for successful participants.
About New Skills Academy
Offering over 190 online courses, New Skills Academy allows learners to get a verifiable qualification and improve their career prospects. Their portfolio includes courses ranging from dog grooming and pet sitting to retail banking, event management and cabin crew skills. A team of experienced and knowledgeable tutors are on hand to offer help and support. All courses are available online, and can be accessed using a PC or MacBook, as well as tablets and smartphones.